Be a part of the initial team to grow and operate a regionally significant new underground mine development that is rapidly becoming the future of the iconic Red Lake gold mining district in Ontario, Canada.
Reporting to the Chief Engineer the successful candidate is responsible for the mine designs and plans. The Senior Engineer will support the safety culture and achievement in production targets. The Senior Engineer will work locally five days on and two days off.
The focus of this role will include:
- Follow safe working practices and site safety guidelines
- Provide senior technical leadership, coaching and mentoring of junior engineers and technicians to develop individual and team capabilities
- Participate in the design, evaluation and support of underground mining operations (ventiallation, ground control, dewartering)
- Develop and implement the longhole drilling program with Operations.
- Develop and distribute development layouts and production prints to operations in a timely manner that are consistent with engineering standards
- Generate 3-month rolling plans based on LOM and budget production plans
- Develop and present weekly mine plan to the operations team
- Develop and maintain 3-month, 6 month and 1 year electrical, ventillation and contruction schedules
- Monitor and report past performance versus budget and forecast
- Track Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and implement continuous improvement initatives
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Experience:
- University degree in mining engineering or equivalent.
- Eligible for registration as a professional engineer in Ontario.
- Minimum 5-10 years’ previous underground mining experience.
- Ontario Underground common core module training and certification is considered an asset.
- Proficiency with AutoCAD.
- Proficiency with Deswik software (CAD, Sched, UGDB).
- Ability to work independently.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent proven team player approach to work
- Valid driver’s license.
Pure Gold Red Lake Mine is an equal opportunity employer who appreciates all those interested in working on this exciting project.
Please apply by sending your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org - those short-listed will be contacted. Please reference Job Number PGM20-0012 and the job title.
This posting closes on March 16, 2020.