Be a part of the initial team to grow and operate a regionally significant new underground mine development that is rapidly becoming the future of the iconic Red Lake gold mining district in Ontario, Canada.
Directly reporting to the Vice President, Operations, the successful candidate will proactively lead the safety culture, the commissioning and operations of the Madsen Red Lake Mine. This leadership position will support the Pure Gold Mining strategy to build and lead a world class team.
The focus of this role will include:
- Leads the safety and operational excellence culture of the mine
- Manages P&L and evaluates options for increased profitability and improving mine performance
- Executes business strategy at optimal cost and productivity without compromising long term growth ie reserves
- Geologically evaluates current operations
- Establishes relevant operational performance metrics and processes
- Manages the strategic advantage of the business into the future
- Ensures performance is delivered across the business
- Prioritizes resources for optimal utilization
- Ensures that safety strategy is implemented as a value of the operation
- Determines sustainability strategy integrating community and the mine in a value adding manner
- Develops and achieves annual budget
- Ensures a business case for capital projects managing benefits vs costs
- Builds strong working relationships with each team member both on site and within Pure Gold Mining
- Builds the image of the operation by developing good external strategic partnerships
- Directs organization energy toward achieving business results and reinforces values
- Leads the development of people
- Ensures leadership bench strength now and into the future
- Ensures top performance is delivered by every team member
Skills and Experience:
- A university bachelor degree in mine engineering, metallurgy or related
- 15 years mining experience, including at least 5 years at a senior management level
- At least 7 years underground mining experience
- Excellent safety leadership skills
- Demonstrated history of leading and mentoring staff
- Ability to communicate effectively in both written and verbal formats to all levels of the mining team
- Good problem solving and decision making skills
- Experience in successfully bringing mining projects into production, while managing all stakeholder requirements
Located in the boreal forest of northwestern Ontario, the Municipality of Red Lake, with a population nearing 5,000, is a vibrant and friendly community and a year round outdoor recreational destination. Direct access to beautiful Canadian Shield lakes, beaches, and parks supports an active lifestyle for families including canoeing, boating, cross country skiing, snowmobiling, hunting and world class fishing. Mining, forestry, tourism, and public sector opportunities attract a diverse workforce. Red Lake is located approximately a 6 hour drive from Thunder Bay, Ontario and a 5 hour drive from Winnipeg, Manitoba and is supported by multiple daily flights from these major centres.
Madsen Red Lake Mine is an equal opportunity employer who appreciates all those interested in working on this exciting project. Please apply by sending your resume to email@example.com - those short-listed will be contacted. Please reference Job Number PGM20-0006 and the job title.