Be a part of the initial team to grow and operate a regionally significant new underground mine development that is rapidly becoming the future of the iconic Red Lake gold mining district in Ontario, Canada.
Reporting to the Underground Mining Supervisor, the successful candidate will work locally on a 2 weeks on and 2 weeks off rotation and will safely and efficiently carryout construction mining work all while following safe work procedures to provide overall production and safe target support for the Pure Gold Red Lake Mine team.
The focus of this role will include:
- Follows safe working practices and site safety guidelines
- Constructs, erects, installs, maintains and repairs any required structures and fixtures
- Builds bracing, brattices and other underground passageways
- Installs timber, steel or other construction materials for back support, ventilation control, backfill instrastructure and other infrastructure
- Equip service raises with required outfitting for access of people, material and equipment
- Prepare stopes for backfill including fill fences, fill pipe, mill holes etc.
- Prepare cost estimates and maintains records for construction materials and work orders
- Cares for and maintains equipment
- Work with Shotcrete and machine
- Other duties as assigned
Skills and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED
- 3-5 years’ experience as a construction miner
- Certified common core modules
- Proven safe approach to work
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent proven team player approach to work
- Valid driver’s license
Pure Gold Red Lake Mine is an equal opportunity employer who appreciates all those interested in working on this exciting project.
Please apply by sending your resume to email@example.com - those short-listed will be contacted. Please reference Job Number PGM20-0013 and the job title.
This posting closes on February 25, 2020