Be a part of the beginning team to build and operate this multi-generational asset that is the heart and soul of Red Lake now and into the future.
Reporting to the Senior/Chief Engineer, the successful candidate will safely oversee survey control points, manage data downloaded and upload into AutoCAD or other program while following safe work procedures to provide overall production and safe target support for the Madsen Red Lake Mine team.
The focus of this role will include:
- Follow safe working practices and site safety guidelines
- Update all AutoCAD level plans on an as needed basis
- Mark the location of new works, and set up reference points as benchmarks
- Plot survey results, prepare detailed drawings, charts, plans and write survey notes and reports
- Analyze and edit spatial data to verify the accuracy of data for quality assurance
- Inspect, adjust, test and monitor the performance of survey equipment, SPS and other systems
- Plan SPS routine maintenance
- Coordinate, direct, mentor and train new field team members
- Work closely with Geologists and Mining Engineers to ensure that data is accurately collected, presented and used
- Plan and conduct field work to assist with company programs
- Compile data from various sources to generate maps
- Prepare topographic maps, aerial photo mosaics, and other land survey products
- Analyze and conduct quality assurance on surveys
- Other duties as assigned
Skills and Experience:
- Post secondary diploma in geomatics or land survey technology or a combination of high school and experience as a member of survey party underground
- Minimum 2 years’ previous underground survey experience
- Underground common core module training and certification
- Proficiency with AutoCAD and other digital Land Survey, graphic workstations, plotters, digitizers
- Must be familiar with Deswik software
- Ability to work independently
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent proven team player approach to work
- Valid driver’s license
Madsen Red Lake Mine is an equal opportunity employer who appreciates all those interested in working on this exciting project.
Please apply by sending your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org - those short-listed will be contacted. Please reference Job Number PGM19-0015 and the job title.
This posting closes on October 15, 2019.