Be a part of the beginning team to build and operate this multi-generational asset that is the heart and soul of Red Lake now and into the future.
Reporting to the Underground Mining Manager the successful candidate will work 5 days on 2 days off rotation and is responsible for the safe, efficient operation of the mine and supervises the mining maintenance team and equipment. The Underground Mine Maintenance General Foreman will inspire the mining maintenance team to create a safe, motivated and productive environment which leads to innovative continuous improvement. This position will lead in safety and achievement in production targets.
The focus of this role will include:
- Ensures underground mining activities are conducted in accordance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act (Ontario) and Regulations and environmental standards
- Complies with all safety requirements and observes all company policies and procedures
- Assists with the development of production targets and ensures production targets are met or exceeded
- Maintains effective working relationships with Contractors, Suppliers and Service Providers, and ensures adherence to contractual requirements
- Develops a sense of continuous improvement and ensures appropriate training programs are conducted and followed
- Interfaces with other Supervisors and the Management team
- Monitor equipment status
- Leads direct manpower to achieve planned results
- Completes daily, weekly, and monthly safety compliances
- Contribute towards mine sustainability
- Other duties as may be required
Skills and Experience:
- A minimum of 5 years of leadership experience in an underground mine.
- Supervisory common core
- Red Seal trade certification
- Strong leadership and team building skills to develop and maintain positive working relationships with a diverse workforce
- Instills a “team” approach in working with other operating departments
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Good problem solving and decision making skills as well as superior written and oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal, influencing, analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work both independently and within a team in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment with the utmost professionalism, discretion and confidentiality is essential
- Mine rescue experience required
Madsen Red Lake Mine is an equal opportunity employer who appreciates all those interested in working on this exciting project.
Please apply by sending your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org - those short-listed will be contacted. Please reference Job Number PGM19-0019 and the job title.
This posting closes on November 30, 2019.