Be a part of the beginning team to build and operate this multi-generational asset that is the heart and soul of Red Lake now and into the future.
Reporting to the Underground Mining Manager the successful candidate is responsible for the safe, efficient operation of the mine and supervises the mining team. The Underground Mine General Foreman will inspire the mining team to create a safe, motivated and productive environment which leads to innovative continuous improvement. This position will lead in safety and achievement in production targets.
The focus of this role will include:
- Ensures underground mining activities are conducted in accordance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act (Ontario) and Regulations and environmental standards
- Complies with all safety requirements and observes all company policies and procedures
- Assists with the development of production targets and ensures production targets are met or exceeded
- Maintains effective working relationships with Contractors, Suppliers and Service Providers, and ensures adherence to contractual requirements
- Develops a sense of continuous improvement, ensures appropriate training programs are conducted and followed
- Interfaces with other Supervisors and the Management team
- Reviews mining methods
- Leads direct manpower to achieve planned results
- Completes daily, weekly, and monthly safety compliances
- Other duties as may be required
Skills and Experience:
- A minimum of 10 years of leadership experience in an undergroud mine
- Post secondary education in a related field
- Supervisory common core
- Strong leadership and team building skills to develop and maintain positive working relationships with a diverse workforce
- Instills a "team" approach in working with operating departments
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Good problem solving and decision making skills as well as superior written and oral communciation skills
- Strong interpersonal, influencing, analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal/relationship skills
- Ability to communicate with individuals and/or groups at all levels of the organization, written and oral
- Mine rescue experience required
Madsen Red Lake Mine is an equal opportunity employer who appreciates all those interested in working on this exciting project.
Please apply by sending your resume to email@example.com - those short-listed will be contacted. Please reference Job Number PGM19-0017 and the job title.
This posting closes on October 15, 2019.