Be a part of the beginning team to build and operate this multi-generational asset that is the heart and soul of Red Lake now and into the future.
Reporting to the Administration Manager and with corporate accountability to the Chief Financial Officer and working directly with the Head Office Financial Controller, the Mine Site Controller will proactively manage the operational requirements in the development, implementation and review of strategy, policy, standards, procedures and practices relating to financial and accounting of Pure Gold Mining. Working in a manner which ensures regulatory compliance and drives the operation towards best practices.
The focus of this role will include:
- Managing the entire accounting functions for the Madsen Red Lake mine site through construction, commissioning and operations of the mine while maintaining adherence to company accounting policies
- Managing and overseeing the internal controls, accounting functions, and reporting systems
- Develop and recommend annual budget and compare performance with operating plans and standards
- Planning and directing the financial reporting, accounting, data processing, and management information systems including periodic audits at the mine site
- Providing timely financial reporting and analysis and cost control services in accordance with company systems and procedures
- Oversee the short-range and long-range cost forecasts and operating plans. Provide departmental financial updates and make financial recommendations regularly
- Maintain control over fixed assets and ensure appropriate depreciation policies are followed in accordance with IFRS
- Maintain adequate controls over inventory and parts and materials inventories
- Regular financial reporting to departments, management and head office
- Supervising and mentoring accounting personnel
Skills and Experience:
- A university degree with a CPA designation
- A minimum of three years of post-designation related experience, preferably including experience in a publically traded company
- Previous mining operations experience of 5 years
- Strong knowledge of IFRS
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics or similar ERP system would be considered an asset
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to evaluate complex business and accounting issues
- Strong Excel skills
- Supervisory and mentoring experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work well independently and within a team environment
Madsen Red Lake Mine is an equal opportunity employer who appreciates all those interested in working on this exciting project. Please apply by sending your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org Please reference Job Number PGM19-0007 and the job title. - those short-listed will be contacted.
This posting closes on September 13, 2019.