Be a part of the beginning team to build and operate this multi-generational asset that is the heart and soul of Red Lake now and into the future.
Reporting to the VP Operations, the Mine General Manager will proactively lead the commissioning and operations of Madsen Red Lake Mine. Working in a manner which aligns with Pure Gold Mining strategy to build and lead a world class team.
The focus of this role will include:
- Leads the safety and operational excellence culture of the mine
- Manages P&L and evaluates options for increased profitability and improving mine performance
- Executes business strategy at optimal cost and productivity without compromising long term growth ie reserves
- Geologically evaluates current operations
- Establishes relevant operational performance metrics and processes
- Manages the strategic advantage of the business into the future
- Ensures performance is delivered across the business
- Prioritizes resources for optimal utilization
- Ensures that safety strategy is implemented as a value of the operation
- Determines sustainability strategy integrating community and the mine in a value adding manner
- Develops and achieves annual budget
- Ensures a business case for capital projects managing benefits vs costs
- Builds strong working relationships with each team member both on site and within Pure Gold Mining
- Builds the image of the operation by developing good external strategic partnerships
- Directs organization energy toward achieving business results and reinforces values
- Leads the development of people
- Ensures leadership bench strength now and into the future
- Ensures top performance is delivered by every team member
Skills and Experience:
- A university bachelor degree in mine engineering, metallurgy or related
- 15 years mining experience, including at least 5 years at a senior management level and including underground mine experience
- Excellent safety leadership skills
- Demonstrated history of leading and mentoring staff
- Ability to communicate effectively in both written and verbal formats to all levels of the mining team
- Good problem solving and decision making skills
- Experience in successfully bringing mining projects into production, while managing all stakeholder requirements
Madsen Red Lake Mine is an equal opportunity employer who appreciates all those interested in working on this exciting project. Please apply by sending your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference Job Number PGM19-0008 and the job title. - those short-listed will be contacted.
This posting closes on September 13, 2019.