Be a part of the initial team to grow and operate a regionally significant new underground mine development that is rapidly becoming the future of the iconic Red Lake gold mining district in Ontario, Canada.
Reporting to the Mill Manager, the Mill and Site Maintenance Foreman responsible for all aspects of mill and site maintenance as well as guiding and directing all plant and site maintenance activities. The Mill and Site Maintenance General Foreman will work a five days on and two days off work schedule and be locally based. This role ensures adequate resources are available for meeting production requirements and safe and healthy work practices are being followed.
The focus of this role will include:
- Ensures mill and site surface activities are conducted in accordance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act (Ontario) and Regulations and environmental standards
- Complies with all safety requirements and observes all company policies and procedures
- Directs and oversees the Mill Maintenance and Site Services teams
- Assists in diagnosing malfunctions
- Develops/revises standard work practices and suggests changes to maximum efficiency
- Certifies work is completed within the allocated budget
- Confers with other Supervisors to ensure mill maintenance and site services are providing the necessary support and adjusting as required
- Schedules and follows the preventative maintenance programs
- Develops team and supports the apprenticeship programs
- Completes daily, weekly, and monthly safety compliances
- Other duties as may be required
Skills and Experience:
- A minimum of 10 years of leadership experience in a mill operation
- Supervisory common core
- Proven safety leadership
- Interprovincial trade qualification
- Experience with rod/ball mills and gyratory and cone crushing systems
- Knowledge of CMMS systems
- Strong leadership and team building skills to develop and maintain positive working relationships
- Instills a “team” approach in working with other operating departments
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Good problem solving and decision making skills as well as superior written and oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal, influencing, and analytical skills
Pure Gold Red Lake Mine is an equal opportunity employer who appreciates all those interested in working on this exciting project.
Please apply by sending your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org - those short-listed will be contacted. Please reference Job Number PGM20-0011 and the job title.