Be a part of the initial team to grow and operate a regionally significant new underground mine development that is rapidly becoming the future of the iconic Red Lake gold mining district in Ontario, Canada.
Reporting to the Mine Maintenance Manager, the successful candidate will work locally on a 5 days on and 2 days off rotation and safely plan preventative and routine maintenance of mine equipment and provide overall production target support for the Madsen Red Lake Mine team.
The focus of this role will include:
- Follow safe working practices and site safety guidelines
- Organize the workload of the maintenance team based on equipment repair needs
- Identify needs of the equipment and assign resources to maintain programs
- Monitor the performance of equipment
- Ensure proper equipment record keeping
- Prepare budgets and forecasts
- Recommend replacement equipment and mechanical and maintenance upgrades
- Other duties as assigned
Skills and Experience:
- High School Diploma
- Completion of a three- to four-year apprenticeship program or equivalent work experience
- Red Seal Journeyperson qualifications considered an asset
- Be physically fit to work underground
- Ability to work independently and strong attention to detail
- Proven safe work approach
- Excellent proven team player approach to work
- Valid driver’s license
- Previous underground mining experience
Madsen Red Lake Mine is an equal opportunity employer who appreciates all those interested in working on this exciting project.
Please apply by sending your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org - those short-listed will be contacted. Please reference Job Number PGM20-0006 and the job title.