Be a part of the beginning team to build and operate this multi-generational asset that is the heart and soul of Red Lake now and into the future.
Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, the successful candidate will work 2 weeks in and 2 weeks out and safely install, maintain, troubleshoot and repair underground mining equipment and provide overall production target support for the Madsen Red Lake Mine team.
The focus of this role will include:
- Follow safe working practices and site safety guidelines
- Install, align, dismantle and move stationary industrial machinery and mechanical equipment, such as pumps, fans, tanks, conveyors, furnaces and generators according to layout plans using hand and power tools
- Operate hoisting and lifting devices such as cranes, jacks and tractors to position machinery and parts during the installation, set-up and repair of machinery
- Inspect and examine machinery and equipment to detect and investigate irregularities and malfunctions
- Install, troubleshoot and maintain power transmission, vacuum, hydraulic and pneumatic systems, and programmable logic controls
- Read blueprints, diagrams and schematic drawings to determine work procedures
- Adjust machinery and repair or replace defective parts
- Operate machine tools such as lathes and grinders to fabricate parts required during overhaul, maintenance or set-up of machinery
- Clean, lubricate and perform other routine maintenance work on machinery
- Construct foundations for machinery or lead other employees to construct foundations
- Assemble machinery and equipment prior to installation using hand and power tools and welding equipment
- Other duties as assigned
Skills and Experience:
- High School Diploma
- Completion of a three- to four-year apprenticeship program or equivalent work experience
- Red Seal Journeyperson Heavy Duty Mechanic or Heavy-Duty Technician qualifications considered an asset
- Be physically fit to work underground
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent proven team player approach to work
- Valid driver’s license
- Previous underground mining experience
Madsen Red Lake Mine is an equal opportunity employer who appreciates all those interested in working on this exciting project.
Please apply by sending your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org - those short-listed will be contacted. Please reference Job Number PGM19-0011 and the job title.
This posting closes on October 15, 2019.