Be a part of the beginning team to build and operate this multi-generational asset that is the heart and soul of Red Lake now and into the future.
Reporting to the Chief Geologist the successful candidate is responsible for support of the Geology team through the collection, examination and identification of underground material. The Geological Technician will work a 7 days on and 7 days off schedule while supporting the safety culture and achievement of production targets.
The focus of this role will include:
- Ensure underground mining activities are conducted in accordance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act (Ontario) and Regulations and environmental standards
- Comply with all safety requirements and observes all company policies and procedures
- Assist Geologists in gathering and testing geological samples
- Perform testing and analysis on rock, mineral and soil samples
- Determine the content and characteristics of the samples collected
- Maintain field, underground and laboratory testing
- Other duties as may be required
Skills and Experience:
- University degree in applied science or equivalent
- Common core training
- 3-5 years of underground mine operation and geology experience
- Working knowledge of the Ontario Mining Act as it relates to mine operations
- Detail oriented with excellent analytical skills
- Computer skills in Deswik, MS Office
Madsen Red Lake Mine is an equal opportunity employer who appreciates all those interested in working on this exciting project.
Please apply by sending your resume to email@example.com - those short-listed will be contacted. Please reference Job Number PGM19-0025 and the job title.
This posting closes on November 5, 2019.