Be a part of the beginning team to build and operate this multi-generational asset that is the heart and soul of Red Lake now and into the future.
Reporting to the Mine General Manager, the Environmental Manager will develop environmental compliance plans to ensure mining construction, commissioning and operations are delivered in an environmentally responsible manner. This role will develop and manage strategies by providing direction and supervision to the Madsen Red Lake Mine Project team and meet compliance targets and forecasted schedules. This is a locally based role that works a 5 days on and 2 days off schedule.
The focus of this role will include:
- Follow safe working practices and site safety guidelines.
- Develop environmental compliance plans and reclamation strategies and communicate and review working plans, policies and schedules;
- Ensure environmental compliance for the Madsen Red Lake Mine site;
- Ensure all government reports are submitted in a timely manner;
- Manage environmental monitoring programs and the permitting process for new and existing areas;
- Manage workplace monitoring programs;
- Manage the Mine Closure Planning for the property;
- Ensure that environmental audits are regularly carried out and that work practices comply with all legal/regulatory requirements;
- Detect and resolve environmental non-compliance issues;
- Complete annual budget and strategic business plan for environmental team;
- Liaise with Maintenance to ensure area requirements are met;
- Maintain well documented files;
- Ensure preventative measures are in place to avoid any environmental issues; and
- Assist with developing and implementing mine strategy and capital projects.
Skills and Experience:
- Degree or diploma in Environmental Science, Environmental Technology, or related Engineering field;
- 10 years’ experience in a mining environmental role;
- Previous supervisory experience;
- Experience with environmental applications;
- Good understanding of the environmental impact of mining and process operations
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Previous mine start up experience an asset
Madsen Red Lake Mine is an equal opportunity employer who appreciates all those interested in working on this exciting project.
Please apply by sending your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org - those short-listed will be contacted. Please reference Job Number PGM19-0030 and the job title.
This posting closes on December 6, 2019.