Be a part of the beginning team to build and operate this multi-generational asset that is the heart and soul of Red Lake now and into the future.
Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, the successful candidate will work locally on a 2 weeks on and 2 weeks off rotation and will safely support mining operations by ensuring that there is at all times a supply of power to all areas while following safe work procedures to provide overall production and safe target support for the Madsen Red Lake Mine team.
The focus of this role will include:
- Follow safe working practices and site safety guidelines
- Read and interpret drawings, blueprints, schematics and electrical code specifications to determine the layout of industrial electrical equipment installations
- Assist in the development, construction and installation of new electrical systems
- Assist with operations installing 750 mcm and other cable sizes for 4160V and 600V power systems
- Maintain, repair, install and test switchgear, transformers, switchboard meters, regulators and reactors and electrical control systems
- Troubleshoot, maintain and repair industrial, electrical and electric control systems and other related devices
- Repairs, overhauls, installs, dismantles, modifies, replaces, adjusts, tests, cleans, lubricated and maintains motors, generators, power transformers, relays, electrodes, electric crane components, radio controlled equipment, circuit breakers, electric heaters, cables, service lines, conduit ducts, switch gear components etc.
- Conduct preventive maintenance programs and keep maintenance records
- May install, maintain and calibrate industrial instrumentation and related devices
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Training Required:
- High School diploma or GED
- Journeyperson certified with 3 years’ experience in underground mines
- Interprovincial trade certification (Red Seal) 309A or 442A
- Knowledge of electrical codes for underground mines
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent proven team player approach to work
- Valid driver’s licence
Madsen Red Lake Mine is an equal opportunity employer who appreciates all those interested in working on this exciting project.
Please apply by sending your resume to email@example.com - those short-listed will be contacted. Please reference Job Number PGM20-0004 and the job title.