Be a part of the initial team to grow and operate a regionally significant new underground mine development that is rapidly becoming the future of the iconic Red Lake gold mining district in Ontario, Canada.
Reporting to the Underground Mining Manager the successful candidate is responsible to clean and maintain the dry area to support the safety practices of excellent housekeeping. The Dryman will work to safety standards and support the production targets on a locally based five days on and two days off schedule.
The focus of this role will include:
- Operate industrial vacuum cleaners to remove scraps, dirt, heavy debris and other refuse from the dry area
- Wash windows, interior walls and ceiling
- Empty trash cans and other waste containers
- Sweep, mop, scrub the dry
- Clean and disinfect washrooms, showers and fixtures
- Make adjustments and minor repairs to heating, cooling, ventilating, plumbing and electrical systems, and contact electrical or maintenance for major repairs
- Perform other routine maintenance jobs such as painting and drywall repair
- May move heavy furniture, equipment and supplies
- Ensure that security and safety measures are in place
Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of 1 year of cleaning experience
- Physically fit
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to work independently
Pure Gold Red Lake Mine is an equal opportunity employer who appreciates all those interested in working on this exciting project.
Please apply by sending your resume to email@example.com - those short-listed will be contacted. Please reference Job Number PGM20-0010 and the job title.